-
June 9th, 2003, 12:23 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hello to all:
Does anyone happen to know the value of the crossover in these babies? The LF was either an 803 or a 416 and the HF was 811. I've been wanting to see how this value affects the model 19. Thanks a lot in advance.
Gerald
-
June 9th, 2003, 10:14 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Hi,
The AS-101 is the crossover used in the HeathKit version of the Valencia. It used Heathkit branded Altec drivers (the ones I have seen used the 806A and 416A). The Valencia's crossover is 800. I think Healthkit used the same crossover point. It is also the recommended crossover for the 811 horn, but as you know the Model 19 uses the 811 horn with a higher crossover point.
I have a pair of Valencia's that I changed the 806 8As to 902 8Ts (can cross between 500 and 1200)and the 416 8Z to 416 8C. I am currently trying a Pyle Pro electronic crossover. I have tried 800 and 1000. Some people have said that Altec's 800 crossover actually crossed closer to a 1000. I have not reached any conclusion's yet.
Robert
-
June 10th, 2003, 12:32 AM
#3
Inactive Member
Robert,
Thanks for your input. I'm going to be experimenting soon and I'm trying to gather as much info from as many sources as possible. How do you like the 416-8C compared to the 416-8Z ?If you come to any interesting conclusions please post it! Thanks again, man.
Good Luck
Gerald
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks